Life After Graduation

6:36:00 PM Natalie S 0 Comments



Graduation is, what a lot of people call, a huge accomplishment.

Great, fantastic, although at this moment in my life I do not see it as that. I know that I finished something that I should feel great about. All, I can do is think other wise. I am sure, though, if I had a career I would be thinking that it was a great accomplishment. Anyways, I am not here to dwell on that fact. 



A little heads up to those who may be graduating the next year or so, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, will ask you how do you feel? OR How does it feel to be a real person? So prepare your answer now if you are nearing graduation. I don't think mine is appreciated by most. "Umm, well, I don't really feel any different."


As of now, I am enjoy my time with my family and making a little money where I can. I am applying for jobs, but I am also figuring out what I want to do with my life. I know what you're thinking, don't you think you should have done this before graduation? My response, don't you think you should mind your own business? This is a huge thing for me to do. I am deciding what I am going to do with the next phase in my life. 

No.. no.. no one is rushing me into deciding what I need to do, but a lot of people are asking.



Change doesn't come easy for me. I try to make sure that my decision is okay by everyone. I don't want to disappoint anyone for any choices I make. I know that is not the way it should be, but that is the way I am. I know I should be making choices that make me happy. If these choices make me happy they should make other's happy as well. 

This is a weird time in your life. At least for me, a lot of my friends have gone different directions and are all starting the next phases in their lives. It is a huge transition to go from seeing your friends, pretty much every day to hardly ever talk to them. People move and move on and it is one of the hardest thing to do. I know my friends are still there for me whenever I need them, its just a bit different right now. 



So my life after graduation has been full of emotion. It is definitely, a point of huge change and a lot of decision making.  I feel thankful for all the lessons and people that I have met through my college career and if you are one of them and are reading that I want you to know what I appreciate you and our time that we shared. For now, I'll be where I am looking at where I am going. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments: