36-24-36

11:49:00 AM Natalie S 1 Comments


36-24-36 

Do you know what that looks like? Depends, how tall is she?

That size looks different all different women

I know as a society we are working on getting over judging people for how they look. I will be honest, I have judged someone by how they look. Then come to find out when I got to know them they were completely different from what I had in my mind. I am not here to talk about personalities, though. 

I will use myself as an example instead of examining someone else. Where to start? I have thighs that aren't the fittest. I remember reading somewhere on the Internet someone has said that when they sit down their thighs go out to the size of Africa, now that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I get. I have hips that don't fit a size 0 or a 9 for that matter. My tummy? Yeah I got one. It's there, and I love it. With a tummy comes a muffin top. So what? I love muffins, back off. DD are probably not in my future, but that's so minor I don't even care. 

TMI for you? Then you're clearly not seeing the larger picture. I love what I look like! I do "workout" but that's only to keep me where I am. I am in charge of my body. Don't get me wrong I have days where nothing seems to fit right or I don't like the way this or that looks. Those days don't make that big of an impact on me. It's the days that I look on point that make the biggest impact. 

What really winds me up is those people out there who outright tell people that they look "bad" or "ugly" for having a muffin top or not being able to fit into a size 5. I am not made for that. If I was I wouldn't have grown into a body that has these features that I love so much. 

If you're thinking that I am condemning those who workout to accomplish whatever goal they have then take a step back please. I totally understand that not everyone is in the position that I am. I hope that one day they are. I'm just saying that it's totally not okay to look at someone who may have features like me and say things that are going to bring them down. 



Now, I'm off to eat an almost entire bag of Starburst Jellybeans. 


You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I read this a while ago and I meant to comment on it .. but I guess it got away from me.

    I love this post. And I love your attitude. Size and body image is a big issue for a lot of people and I envy how happy you are being you.

    Major thumbs up to this.

    Something to strive for..

    ReplyDelete