Memorial Day Weekend

6:57:00 PM Natalie S 0 Comments

As I am sitting drinking my tea, I am overwhelmed at how I hope this summer will out do last summer in so many ways.  The fact that Dunja and Slavko, both from Serbia are coming back for a third year as well as Christina from Jamaica is back for a second year, I am extremely excited.  Now what do I mean by "back", well if I haven't told you my parents own a resort in a "destination" town in Michigan.  Since the town is in a rural part of Michigan it is hard to get employees to work, so my parents have resorted to getting students from other countries. 

This year we have seven Serbians and one Jamaican. I hope that things go well and we all get along.  The past few years we have had great groups of people.  I am trying not to get too excited about it because I do not want to be disappointed.  I am taking every day as it comes. 

For this holiday weekend, my town filled up and filled up fast.  I have come to the realization that without the mountain biking trails that this town would lose about 50% of its business.  I kid you not this town runs on the mountain bikers.  In the restaurant today we weren't as busy as we were last year.  Last year we did 111 breakfast and today we only did 63.  It seemed busy at the time but breakfast is from 7:30-11:30 on most days so in all reality we weren't that busy.  Thinking back on it I believe it just all came at one time.  

I needed to write a little something I have just had a lot on my mind. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, while most of you have the day off tomorrow I will be getting up early to open the restaurant at 6:30 so its a goodnight and goodbye for now! :)


A little something before you leave!


You Might Also Like

0 comments: