Day Trip Vacation

4:52:00 PM Natalie S 2 Comments

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I said in an earlier post that I was going to Mackinaw City. I am here to tell you that it was the most wonderful day trip that I ever had. We rolled into town about 10 at night and went straight to our hotel to check in and all that fun stuff. After we got all of our things into our room six of us went for a walk around town. Not much to do at 11 at night, but it was bonding time we spent together.

This would be the six of us (Right to Left); Slavko, John, Yaprak, Dunja, Shada and I. The sun was in my eyes and I am squinting. I wish I wasn't, but hey its still a nice picture. This is an amazing group of people. I have know John, Slavko, Dunja and Shada for two years now and I met Yaprak this year. These people are so much fun to be around and I wouldn't have asked for a better group to go to Mackinaw with. 

The next morning we got up had breakfast at the hotel, which was hardly anything. The counters were dirty, the food (at least the scrambled eggs) were nasty, they couldn't keep the tables clean. I guess its kind of hard to work in a restaurant and go some where without nitpicking everything. I hate to be that way, but that's just how it works.

After we drove into town we split up four and five. It was my mom, dad, my sister Jen, John and I in one group. The other group was Dunja, Slavko, Yaprak and Shada. My and my group went and toured the fort and the lighthouse while the other group stayed in town and visited all the shops. I had a blast walking around and seeing these sights. Granted I have been there before and seen it all, but I still like going through them. It's not like here, where I live, and I've seen everything 100 times or more. It gets old really fast. Mackinaw, no I don't think it will ever get old. :)


Here just outside of the fort walls. They Indian and the French Fur Trader are making a deal.. or that's what it looks like. 

Mackinaw City Lighthouse. 

After the tours of the fort and lighthouse we all went back into town had lunch and then went back out a looked around in the shops for a while. I kind of wish I would have done a little more shopping, but at the same time I am glad I didn't because I saved some money. I did though by my dog a birthday present (a big bone) because yesterday was her 1st birthday! :)

What else is going on?

Today I got my hair cut and colored. Ahh! You know the day you get your hair cut, you can't help but run your fingers through your hair non stop or you keeping look at your self in the mirror? Yeah, I'm at the point right now. Tomorrow, I'm sure I will go back to blah looking hair. I have to work and at my work I have to keep my hair pulled back and well I don't know how it'll look. I'm not the kind of person that spends hours on my hair, but I need help. That's where you come in. Could you help me by thinking of ways to put back my hair and still have it look cute?



There you have it my new hair style. So any suggestions? Sorry about the light I used natural light. I'm actually sitting at work right now (not working) but, I can't turn the lights on so I had to use a window for light. Oh well. :)

Other than that not much else. Sorry about always changing my background I am just trying to figure out with  design I like best. I'll try to keep it at a minimum. I have been told to go to http://www.designerblogs.com/ and maybe pay for a design, but I don't know if I could just stick with one for the rest of my blogging life. Any suggestions on that? 

Hope everyone's Thursday is going spectacular! :D
Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your hair, it's super cute! By the way, I'm listening to your playlist while I blog :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! :) I am adding new songs to my playlist soon!

      Delete